Marathon Electric Motors - Types and Applications
Marathon Electric produces a broad selection of high-quality motors for commercial and industrial applications. Integrating highly engineered and conservative designs, their motors find use in a wide range of general-purpose to mission-critical applications that demand reliability and performance.
As a family-owned independent motor distributor, Gainesville Industrial Electric Co. (GIE) sells, services, and repairs electric motors from some of the industry’s top brands, including Marathon Electric. At GIE, our extensive portfolio of products, combined with our years of industry experience, enables us to help customers identify the right motor product for any application.
About Marathon Electric Motors
Since its founding in 1913, Marathon Electric has since established a global reputation for superior motors and other products suitable for use in a wide range of applications. They are well-known for their innovative approach to product development, including their use of cutting-edge technologies. By using breakthrough magnetics technology that combines magnetics and motors, they created motor products-e.g., the NovaMAX EC Permanent Magnet Motor-that offer enhanced energy efficiency and performance.
Marathon Electric produces durable and reliable electric motors suitable for use in even the most demanding industrial applications, including:
- Agriculture/farming equipment
- Cooling towers
- General-purpose use
GIE’s Marathon Electric Motor Selection
For more than 60 years, Gainesville Industrial Electric has distributed, serviced, and repaired Marathon Electric motors. From HVAC systems to farm equipment, Marathon Electric’s industrial and commercial motors keep machinery used in a diverse set of industries running smoothly and efficiently.
At GIE, our selection of Marathon Electric motors includes the following:
- Single and three-phase AC motors
- Axial and radial flux motors
- IEC and NEMA motors
- Low and medium voltage motors
- PMDC motors
Single-Phase Electric Motors and Three-Phase Electric Motors
We offer several general-purpose single-phase and three-phase alternating current (AC) motors from Marathon, including:
- Drip Proof Motors
- Totally Enclosed Motors
- Explosion-Proof Motors
Applications for Marathon Electric Motors
Industry professionals rely on Marathon Electric’s high-quality motors for a variety of applications, including:
- Aerospace and defense. Marathon’s high-quality, high-precision motors are capable of meeting the challenging demands of the aerospace and defense industry.
- Aggregate and quarry. The company’s reliable and high-performing Blue Chip motors are designed to function in the harsh environments of the aggregate industry.
- Agriculture. Their extra-high torque farm duty motors are ideal for use in farming equipment.
- Automotive. Their NEMA premium energy-efficient motors are suitable for meeting the production needs of the automotive industry.
- HVAC. The easy-to-install and energy-efficient Marathon single-phase and air moving motors are designed for compressors, fans, and HVAC systems.
- Minerals and mining. The durable and efficient Marathon hazardous-duty motors are built to endure the harsh conditions of the growing mining industry.
GIE: The Premier Marathon Electric Motor Distributor
Marathon Electric builds dependable and highly efficient motors for all applications, from general-purpose to mission-critical. Using groundbreaking technology, their products are built to be long-lasting, powerful, and high performing.
Gainesville Industrial Electric Co. is an authorized factory warranty center and Georgia’s largest stocking independent motor distributor. With decades of experience in the motor industry, we have the skills and knowledge needed to ensure our customers find the best products to suit their specific needs. For product orders, delivery services and same-day shipping are available upon request.
In addition to our extensive product selection, we provide maintenance and repair services in our EASA-approved and UL-certified motor and pump repair facility. For customer convenience, we also offer 24-hour emergency services.